- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant experience in Sustainability.
- Experience with reporting.
- Experience tailoring communications for different audiences and contexts. Experience writing in a clear, concise, grammatically correct and engaging manner.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, driving projects from idea through to implementation.
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Ability to engage effectively with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders at all organizational levels.
- Strong data management, analysis, and visualization skills.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting guidelines and frameworks (e.g. CDP, TCFD, GRI, SASB). Familiarity with environmental, social, and governance (ESG) ratings and rankings and associated agencies (e.g. DJSI, MSCI, Sustainalytics)
- General understanding of diverse sustainability and ESG topics and current trends.
About this role
The Global Sustainability Team drives the development and implementation of Google’s global sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment and prioritization, identify new leadership opportunities, and mitigate risks. We lead sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product integration, reporting, and employee engagement. As Sustainability Strategy and Operations Associate, Reporting and Disclosure, you'll enable Google to communicate with key stakeholders about our sustainability strategy, initiatives, targets, and performance.
- Support key sustainability reporting activities, such as preparation of annual corporate environmental report, CDP response, EU Non-financial Reporting Directive (EU NFRD) report, sustainability bond report, and other reports.
- Read, interpret, and apply sustainability reporting guidelines and frameworks.
- Draft internal and external communication materials, including writing and reviewing narratives, copy-editing, proofreading, and cross-referencing against guidelines.
- Navigate a complex stakeholder landscape to coordinate internal review, revision, and version control processes for documents and publications.
- Support data collection, analysis, verification, and visualizations, including setting, communicating, and tracking performance metrics.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.