At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales Operations, Apeel is seeking a Customer Success Senior Director that works within the Sales team and is responsible for establishing and supporting value creation with Apeel supplier partners. The Customer Success Senior Director will work cross functionally to plan and execute integration projects, facilitate customer onboarding, and drive long term value creation/maximize ROI for Apeel supplier partners. Ideal candidates will possess a unique blend of technical understanding or aptitude with strong critical thinking, interpersonal and customer service skills.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the liaison between internal integration teams and new supplier partners/customers to drive successful integration of Apeel products & application systems into customer packing facilities/supplier sites
- Develop customized on-boarding plan and perform initial on-boarding of supplier partners to ensure that new commercial programs launch smoothly and expediently to drive early value creation for both Apeel and the customer
- Ensure a seamless transition of relationship ownership from Supplier Sales to Customer Success and effectively manage the customer relationship for the duration of our work with them
- Proactively monitor the efficiency/effectiveness of Apeel application systems & operational processes to identify deficiencies and enhancement opportunities
- Serve as the primary interface for and manage the resolution of issues/critical situations that arise during integration & steady state operations
- Work with Apeel Retail Sales and Supplier Sales teams to identify key customer base and market expansion opportunities to collaboratively drive sales and demand for Apeel treated produce; maximizing opportunity value with each supplier partner
- Collaborate with cross-functional Apeel teams to prepare for and conduct customer-focused quarterly business reviews, measuring performance against pre-established business metrics that align to supplier partner’s business goals & objectives (including supplier ROI/value creation, etc.)
- Provide expert customer insight & relay voice of customer with internal teams, including Sales, Brand Marketing, Product, Technology, Operations, Finance & Engineering
- Manage and monitor supplier site P&L and lead evaluation of investment cases that support customer success
- Use a data driven approach to provide internal teams assessment of customer health to align growth opportunities and risks as well as customer insights on performance of Apeel.
- As customer advocate and boots on the ground validate and reconcile usage based on expectations and present opportunities or challenges that result with clear data focused results
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional or military experience
- 7+ years of experience in a client service/customer-facing role, such as Customer Success Management, Consulting, Strategic Account Management, Business Development or related field; preferably in the food or produce industry
- Strong understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Experience working with senior & executive level customer contacts
- Ability to align internal resources to meet customer requirements & deadlines AND/OR strong leadership, teamwork & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work and excel in fast-paced environment
- Excellent multitasking and project management skills
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed – up to 50% depending on region
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.