About Global Citizen
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on these issues, and earn rewards for their actions as part of a global community committed to lasting change. So far, 28.1 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $48.4 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which has affected 880 million lives to date.
- GC building movement to end extreme poverty.
- Increasingly broadcast-led strategy to reach people around the world
- Product and content focus on converting reach to users and action-takers
- Execution dispersed across several functional divisions and geographies, and require greater coordination and support to ensure coherence
The role of Senior Director, Audience Strategy is a new role to provide cross-team coordination to Global Citizen’s audience engagement activities across marketing, content & communications, product, and digital campaigns.
This role is responsible for tracking and internally communicating our movement building KPIs across reach, users, audience, and actions, developing tactics to optimize performance and working collaboratively across teams to have them implemented.
- Work collaboratively with executive and leadership teams to develop growth strategies and build on current strategies to grow the Global Citizen movement.
- Own tracking, analysis, and communication of movement-building KPIs across all campaigns and for overall organisation:
- Reach: split across paid and organic, how many people encountered us
- Audience: how many people we can directly contact
- Users: how many people actively came to our site / app / tools
- Actions: number and type of actions taken on our platforms
- Own Yearly and Monthly Targets and help teams pivot quickly as they need to meet the targets, including owning tactics to achieve them:
- Own tactics to increase both Reach, User base and conversion to action-taking
- Make sure all traffic is being utilized to match the company business goals, funneling traffic between; ongoing campaign goals (action taking), user signups (creating returning customers), partners & brand awareness (explaining the GC model to users)
- Proactively contribute data and insights on our users to management, board and stakeholder presentations and reports.
- Regular progress meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Develop a culture of user-led and data-led decision making to build the movement:
- Drive development of new tactics and improvements on existing tactics to achieve movement-building KPIs.
- Monthly briefing to leadership team on performance and areas for improvement.
- Proactively identify and meet data and analytics needs for teams to enable user-led and data-led decision making to build the movement
- Coach staff to understand and engage with our funnel, user dashboards, and make data-led decisions.
- Support Product Director to develop and prioritize product pipeline, with a focus on user insights.
- Oversee user research and analysis, including internal and external audience A/B testing, UX barrier alleviation and accessibility / inclusion.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of growing digital audiences through user and data-led decision making.
- Minimum 7 years experience in digital marketing and media
- Experience growing audiences across owned and operated channels, social media platforms, broadcast properties
- Experience using analytics software such as Google DataStudio, SEM Rush, Domo, Moz SEO, Marketo / Hubspot, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- SQL proficiency is a bonus
- Experience creating professional presentations across Google Suite, Keynote
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Fluency in any of German, Spanish, French a bonus
Why Global Citizen?
In this coming decade of action and accountability, Global Citizen will be the leading international voice, educator, and influencer that rallies humanity to take full responsibility and accountability for eradicating extreme poverty by 2030. You have a chance to contribute and make this world a better place for all.
- Remote position - candidate can be based anywhere in our key markets
- Must be authorized for employment in either North America, Latin America, Africa, Europe & the UK, and Australia
Global Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Global Citizen strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, or local laws. In addition, Global Citizen complies with the relevant country laws governing employment nondiscrimination in all our international offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.