At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking a Payroll Manager EMEA to join our Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing, coordinating and overseeing all facets of the payroll process at Apeel EMEA.
This position will be based in De Lier, Netherlands and report to Apeel’s Controller in the US.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and coordinate all facets of monthly payroll processing for salary and hourly employees.
- Interpret company pay policies including PTO, LOA, disability, government regulations, withholding exemptions and ensure appropriate deductions are calculated and applied for payroll in multiple countries.
- Understand earnings and benefit codes that are associated with the calculation of wages, benefit deductions, PTO accruals, garnishments, taxes, child support orders, wage levies, etc.
- Proactively identify and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Review and analyze current payroll practices, including payroll tax implications, to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Prepare pension transmittals for employee deferrals and company match, as needed.
- Prepare and maintain payroll records and reports, including standard and ad hoc reports to ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly payroll, payroll tax and benefit accruals.
- Review and reconcile monthly and annual payroll tax returns in the EMEA region.
- Review and distribute annual income statements.
- Assist in implementing, writing, and maintaining procedures for Payroll.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Manage the payroll and related compliance process for expats living and working in multiple countries throughout the EU.
- Support other regions when needed (US, LATAM).
What You Bring
- 7-10 years Payroll experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Human Resources or other related field. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- EMEA processing experience required, US/LATAM processing experience is a plus.
- Workday HRIS and CloudPay experience preferred. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Strong understanding of wage and hour regulations in the EMEA region.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English and Dutch/Spanish/French is required.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.