About the job
Want a job that combines the excitement of working in a high-growth tech startup with the fulfilment of creating life-changing social impact? Then this is the role for you!
As an Operations Executive, you're onboarding the amazing people referred to Beam, supporting them through their remarkable journey out of homelessness into stable jobs and housing.
- You’re an operationally-minded problem solver, directly helping us to iterate and bring our award-winning platform to true scale.
- You’re ambitious, excited by the prospect of working with super smart teammates in a startup founded by someone that’s scaled a business to millions of users and raised funding from investors in the likes of Facebook and Dropbox.
- You're friendly and empathetic and excel at building strong, respectful working relationships.
- You’re excited by the prospect of getting a little nerdy with the latest apps and working in a data-driven way.
- You're process-driven and solution-orientated, able to juggle demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment that works to ambitious KPIs.
Meet Adut, one of our Ops Execs!
- Safely assessing and onboarding homeless people referred to Beam by our partners
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Working face-to-face with people to create content for their crowdfunding campaign using our proprietary in-house technology
- Providing job support to help homeless people get into stable work
- Building strong and professional working relationships with people using Beam
- Working to ambitious KPIs that increase our social impact
- Generating ideas and processes that iterate our model to ever-increasing scale
- >1 year high-quality experience in a start-up, social enterprise, or highly-regarded company
- Huge drive to excel working with vulnerable individuals (don't worry, if this is new to you, we have a thorough training programme for each new joiner)
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London - and far beyond
- At Beam, we work hard to build diverse teams and believe diverse teams are the most impactful. We're especially excited to hear from BAME candidates, those with lived experience of social disadvantage - and/or if you speak Polish or Romanian!
Compensation & Perks
- £25-35k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new/ recycled)
- Work phone
- Cycle Scheme
- £500 annual "Be Amazing" budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- £80 monthly counselling budget
- Plenty of Beam merch (obviously) and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks - discounts and freebies at top brands
- Hybrid office giving you significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical safe, once government rules permit it
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (subject to social distancing rules)
- Unlimited holiday policy
- 'Beam Team Talks' - monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
Applications for the role are considered on a rolling basis and there is no fixed start date.
There are 4 rounds:
- Round 1: 30 minutes video call
- Round 2: 2.5 hour assessment followed by 30 minutes debrief
- Round 3: 1 hour presentation in role play
- Round 4: 90 minutes session: interview with one of the founders & meeting 2 Beam teammates
All our interviews are currently conducted over video calls and it usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. Due to a high number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback before Round 1. Feedback for subsequent rounds are provided over email, with the option for a phone call after Round 3.
The whole process from Round 1 should take between 2-4 weeks.
We wish you the best of luck!