Full Job Description:
As the Latam Portfolio Manager, you support the company from a business development & project management perspective. You will work alongside Guus ter Haar (Senior Operations Manager) & Felipe Villela (Chief Commercial Officer & Founder) and be responsible for the Latam Projects Portfolio of the company. The primary responsibility will be on prospecting new clients and partners, attending meetings with Felipe and taking responsibility for new leads. You will manage and run specific Latin America projects of the company that includes planning, budgeting, and execution.
Period: 32h a week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
In short, you will be responsible for:
● Successful delivery of projects in Latam;
● Monitoring & Evaluation of projects;
● Business Development in Latam;
● Stakeholder engagement and communication amongst (local/regional) actors;
● Producing Project Reports, reviewing contracts and legal documentation and Developing Strategies based on projects results; and
● Guiding other colleagues (e.g. Project Managers) and assuring successful outcomes.
As a young Regenerative Agroforestry start-up, we believe that nature and agriculture can cooperate instead of compete. We also believe that farmers and local communities across the globe deserve a long-term profitable future.
That’s why we focus on Regenerative Agroforestry, an agricultural system creates:
● Environmental impact: increase in soil carbon, biodiversity, water storage and forests preservation.
● Social impact: food security and sovereignty, next gen farmers motivation, rural development and women empowerment.
● Economic impact: less external input costs, different income streams due to diversification as well as potentially yield increase.
With our small and international team based in Amsterdam and Brazil, we build model farms and model schools on all scales and all around the globe. Our goal is to regenerate 1 million hectares of land worldwide and ensure food security for over 10 million farmers & communities by 2030.
The Latam Portfolio Manager will oversee all business opportunities & project management aspects of the company in Latam and drive the execution of the company’s portfolio of projects in Latam. This role will be responsible for assessing new possible leads & the projects performance of the company as well as communicating effectively between project managers & local experts. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in all project management aspects within a startup and will have extensive experience working for a company that has projects in agriculture & environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Be proactive, engage with clients, experts & local contracted project partners;
● Oversee the company’s LatAm activity, preparation of projects, reporting, and effective use of the company’s internal systems (e.g. Hubspot, Asana, Harvest) to ensure the performance of each project;
● Preparing and maintaining project plans as required (including e.g. admin, planning, budget) for multiple projects and local teams in parallel;
● Work together with other project managers, provide guidance and training to junior staff, and proactively and succinctly report project progress through agreed structures;
● Presenting project plans & budgets to stakeholders (including management), applying effective communication styles for different stakeholder groups;
● Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans;
● Monitoring overall progress, quality parameters, changes to project scope, and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary;
● Liaison with appointed senior counterpart to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project;
● Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
● Identifying and obtaining resources required for successful delivery of projects;
● Conducting frequent project evaluations and continuous improvement efforts on project, process, and organisation level.
● Experience & Acquired skills in Business Development & Project Management is a must;
● At least 7 years' experience in project management in Latam;
● Strong leadership & organizational background, including an understanding of multistakeholder participation in projects and delegation;
● Processes & risk management: experience in internal control to help organize the company’s processes. Some experience in a legal matters is a plus;
● Data-driven, keen on analyzing everything in sight, and not afraid to challenge management;
● Ability to work under pressure and plan personal workload effectively;
● Languages: Portuguese & English are a must. Spanish is a plus.
● Live in, or willing to relocate to the Netherlands to be coordinating the projects from the HQ Office. Note: reNature does not sponsor work permits.
Supervision: The supervision will be done by Guus ter Haar (Senior Operations Manager).
Duration: The duration of the contract will be for 1 year, with the intention to extend.
reNature is committed to diversity as well as fostering an inclusive working environment. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.