At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. Our community of 33.6 million users has saved more than 64 million meals from going to waste across 15 countries, but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
Globally, a third of food is wasted, and climate experts agree that combating food waste is one of the most important things we can do to address the climate crisis. For us, it’s simple: the bigger we get, the better placed we’ll be to make a huge difference. That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team.
Your primary mission is to work collaboratively within key accounts and other teams in the company to win new key accounts, by identifying and researching new opportunities, building rapport with stakeholders and ultimately signing their business up to a partnership with Too Good to Go. Some of them might be small but have large quantities of surplus that needs shifting whilst others might provide a steadier source of supply. You will report directly to the Head of Key Accounts.
- Research: Finding new business and opportunities and mapping accounts organisational hierarchy to create an account stakeholder matrix and planning guide.
- Proactive business development and relationship building: independently and proactively outreach to gain meetings and build rapport with stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Pitching to new partners: creating and delivering high quality and professional presentations to potential new customers, and confidently speaking about the business and food waste proposition.
- Winning new businesses and growing existing accounts to achieve business targets set. Proving the business case with pilots and working with the client to define success metrics with the objective of rolling out.
- Account Management: oversee the management of your team’s portfolio of key accounts, ensuring the relationship is strong and business KPIs are met.
What we look for
- You have at least 5 years of Business Development experience, demonstrating an ability to establish, nurture and win leads by selling in a proposition to a variety of senior stakeholders.
- You have previous experience from a supermarket or food producer/FMCG, e.g. as a category- or key account manager, and a good awareness of profit and loss within the industry.
- You possess great negotiation skills with the ability to lead negotiations and create and deliver high impact pitches thanks to your excellent commercial acumen.
- You are used to working with data to extract relevant information and identify and resolve issues logically. Great Excel skills and a love for numbers are a plus.
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish and English.
- You are a fast learner and like to work in a busy environment at high speed.
- You are passionate about fighting food waste along the value chain.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 700 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Work with and learn from a smart, fun team of highly passionate and dedicated people from around the world who love food and hate waste
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- Health Insurance fully paid by the company for you, and the option to include your family with significant discounts.
- Time off: 5 additional holidays on top of the mandatory leave
- Parental Leave: 4 additional weeks on top of the mandatory parental leave, paid by the company.
- Flexible working schedule, short Friday and shorter working schedules during summer.
- Coffee, snacks and fresh fruit at the office every day, with the occasional food gathering sponsored by the company.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.