This is an opportunity to work within the PRI’s Stewardship team. PRI’s stewardship team is responsible for coordinating collaborative investor engagement activities on environmental, social and governance issues with companies, defining and providing guidance on active ownership best practice, and addressing system barriers that inhibit effective active ownership.
Stewardship is one of the most powerful mechanisms by which investors and their agents can contribute to the achievement of the PRI’s mission: the creation of a sustainable financial system which benefits the environment and society as a whole. This role is an exciting opportunity for a current student or recent graduate to learn about responsible investment and stewardship, as well as to contribute towards the mission of the PRI.
Specifically, this role will assist with investor activities around proxy voting and ESG-related shareholder resolutions at companies’ Annual General Meetings (AGMs). It will also involve providing broader administration and project support to other projects within the PRI’s stewardship team.
- Consolidate ESG-related shareholder resolutions to be shared via the PRI’s Collaboration Platform
- Oversee and maintain PRI’s Vote Declaration System that enables PRI signatories to disclose their proxy voting intentions and engage signatories to use the system
- Prepare statistics and data on trends during proxy season
- Assist in the creation of content, such as blog posts, on a range of themes over the AGM season
- Prepare weekly external communications to inform signatories of upcoming AGMs and votes
- Update and streamline existing collaborative content available to signatories via the Collaboration Platform
- Coordinate input from teams across PRI to assess new opportunities for improved Collaboration Platform function
- Provide administrative support to other projects within the PRI stewardship team (e.g. helping with the coordination of collaborative engagements on ESG issues)
- Qualification or degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Strong and demonstrable interest in responsible investment, sustainability and finance
- Motivated by the work of the PRI
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to foster an inclusive working environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, organised and flexible
- A professional manner in dealing with senior business professionals
- Diplomacy, tact, and ability to work well in teams
- BASIS: 4 month FTC
- CLOSING DATE: 6:00pm, 21st Mar 2021 GMT (Europe/London)
All candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK without visa sponsorship. While every effort is made to contain the needs of the role within the usual working day, there will be an occasional need to work outside of hours owing to the international nature of the PRI.