The HR Manager will report directly to the CEO, with the focus on ensuring a culture of wellbeing and development in TAPP Water. He/She will manage all day-to-day HR related activities, and ensure it runs smoothly inside the organization by providing clear guidance and being the first point of contact for everything related to HR.
We currently have 24 employees, the majority of whom working remotely. Our goal for 2021 is to maintain a strong company culture and a healthy environment for team members to reach their maximum potential inside the organization.
Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Develop and continuously improve HR policies and practices to contribute to strong, simple and effective HR processes that are compliant with the law and in line with our company values
- Provide support and guidance to the management team, team leads and team members with all HR related matters, including hiring, professional growth, career path, compensation, wellbeing, performance, and other queries and issues arising across the organization
- Manage the successful onboarding and offboarding of all employees, from advising team leads to guiding employees in the process, and perform or coordinate all the tasks involved (access to physical and digital tools, paperwork, contracts, etc.)
- Maintain accurate employee records and update any relevant changes in our HR databases
- Manage external HR platforms and be the main contact person for external HR-related services and contractors (occupational hazards, health insurance, etc.)
- Keep up to date with changes and latest trends in terms of HR policies, practices and legal requirements and propose improvements to the CEO accordingly
- Process payroll
- Manage and optimize the HR budget to ensure HR operations run smoothly while maximizing spend for team development and wellbeing
- Think and propose new ways to improve the working climate, culture, and overall energy inside the organization
- Guide and drive strategies to resolve difficult or sensitive workplace matters, providing advice to team leads and team members
- Conduct happiness surveys to take the pulse of the organization and propose actions to increase happiness and wellbeing
- Establish a method and follow-up on the performance of 360 reviews, quarterly evaluation appraisals and other useful checkpoints for team leads and team members
- Design a unique approach to learning in TAPP, including, for example, internal or external training sessions that could be beneficial on an individual or team basis
- Plan, develop and implement team events and social activities that contribute to company bonding, sense of belonging, increased awareness of TAPP Water's culture and overall happiness
- 1+ year of experience working in an HR role
- Knowledge of Spanish labour law
- High level of Spanish and English
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Proactivity, flexibility and patience
- You are a self-starter with a hands-on mindset and the ability to to work independently
- Comfortable in a fast-paced international environment
We Will Also Value Positively
- Experience in remote teams
- Worked in a startup before
Barcelona-based, although temporarily and occasionally remote (see details below).
The contract will be 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday.
Benefits - What We Offer
- Salary: fixed €18,000 gross / year.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Be part of something that will make the world a better place.
- A real impact on company performance and growth.
- Great start-up culture and an international and friendly work environment.
Please note that due to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted online until further notice. It is possible that the final candidate will initially be onboarded remotely.
About TAPP Water
TAPP Water has the ambitious goal of avoiding 10bn plastic bottles by 2023 and build a $100m business. We do this through simple solutions that provide clean and healthy water from the tap, with a minimum environmental impact. The company is based in Barcelona with a team of experienced entrepreneurs, product, digital and technology experts.