As a finance officer, you will support the company with finance management. It’s an entry position into a growing startup with an international and entrepreneurial vibe, which creates a positive environmental and social impact. You will work alongside & under the supervision and coaching of Elena Yurchenko (Chief Financial Officer). You will work with the company's external accountant and the Portfolio Managers. You will support setting up finance administration processes, Accounts Payable & Receivables activities both for the foundation and for the company, you will support Portfolio managers with the project Budgets.
You will be supporting various projects with business modeling. You will support the Chief Finance Officer to build company financial management and reporting.
We believe nature and agriculture can cooperate instead of compete. We also believe that farmers and local communities across the globe deserve a long-term profitable future. That’s why we focus on Regenerative Agroforestry, an agricultural system with three impact fields:
● Environmental impact: increase in soil carbon, biodiversity, water storage and forests' preservation.
● Social impact: food security and sovereignty, next gen farmers motivation, rural development and women empowerment.
● Economic impact: less external input costs, different income streams due to diversification as well as potentially yield increase.
With our international team based in Amsterdam and Brazil, we build model farms and model schools on all scales and all around the globe. Our goal is to regenerate 1 million hectares of land worldwide and ensure food security for over 10 million farmers & communities by 2030.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Support monthly client billing responsibilities & vendors Accounts Payables:
● Collect feedback from Portfolio Managers on the Budget performance;
● Supporting various analysis: costs and sales;
● Supporting the CFO where needed.
The ideal candidate will be having an accounting or business administration background, have excellent Excel skills, analytical and attention to detail. Like to understand the essence of the projects.
● Ability to process big sets of data, fluent in Excel;
● Ability to connect with external vendors on the AP&AR matters;
● Ability to plan personal workload effectively;
● Right to Work: Must have legal right to work in the Netherlands;
● Languages: English is a must, Dutch is highly preferable.
● Must be analytical and inquisitive;
● Must be passionate about working in a multifunction startup & task-oriented team management;
● Must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment;
● Must be inspired by a shared vision;
● Must be a team player;
● Must be cool under pressure and empathetic;
● Must be competent & organized with scheduling;
● Must be able to deliver high-quality analysis;
The supervision will be done by Elena Yurchenko (CFO).
The duration of the contract will be for six months. With the intention to extend to the Junior position after the internship.
reNature is committed to diversity as well as fostering an inclusive working environment. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.