Ocean Conservancy is working to protect the ocean from today’s greatest challenges. Together with our partners, we create science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities that depend on it.
Ocean Conservancy is seeking a creative and talented Digital Fundraising Coordinator to join the digital team to work in the development, implementation and coordination of online fundraising and advocacy campaigns that will mobilize and engage supporters and members to take action and donate.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Provides first level support for all technical problems relating to fundraising issues. Liaison with vendors on technical issues. Track and implement solutions to technical problems.
- PRODUCTION: Produces email blasts, advocacy alerts, petitions and fundraising appeals. Contributes to advertising content creation. Supports campaign execution across all digital channels, including testing and optimization.
- DATABASE MANAGEMENT: Maintains the database of online supporters and donors. This includes reconciling duplicates, updating records and following best practices.
- STATS REPORTING: Assists in tracking and measuring analytics for digital fundraising campaigns.
- DIGITAL TEAM SUPPORT: Contributes to team brainstorms and discussions. Contributes to editorial strategy. Contributes to digital strategies and content for Ocean Conservancy’s programs. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Proficiency with Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, WordPress, HTML and Google Analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with AP style and solid attention to detail
- Current understanding of online communication, accessibility standards and digital marketing trends.
- Experience with databases and email service providers, like Engaging Networks, to deploy campaigns and maintain supporter records.
- Experience with reaching new and diverse audiences and a commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communications or marketing preferred and/or at least two years of professional fundraising experience within a nonprofit or advertising agency.
Ocean Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Ocean Conservancy is continually seeking to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
OCEAN CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.