As Beam’s Customer Success & Partnerships Executive, you’re helping Beam deliver its award-winning service as a world-leading innovation in social impact.
You feel your best around others, taking energy from meeting new people and matching charisma with professionalism.
You’re highly organised and like taking complex information and making it accessible for others, translating Excel-based data into slides and stories that drive action.
You have a strong interest in the public sector, both in terms of its structure and culture, but love approaching new challenges with a growth mindset.
You’ve used your advanced written skills to draft reports, funding applications, and clear and concise emails that bring otherwise divergent groups together around a clearly defined plan.
This role is based in London and reports to Head of Government Partnerships, Chloe Moore.
- Lead on kicking-off the delivery of new partnership work for Beam - from setting up referral routes, presenting to new partners, to developing an overarching strategy that means outcomes exceed expectations
- Delivering engaging presentations that showcase Beam’s work to our partners in the government ecosystem
- Detail-focused data analysis used for preparing weekly & monthly reports for partners
- Confident using Excel to design new reporting tools
- Excellent organisational skills, balancing a large volume of inbound enquiries received via telephone and email from the homeless people we support
- Working closely with Beam’s tech and product team to contribute ideas that improve the tools available to Beam’s caseworkers and wider staff team
- >2 years high-quality professional experience in a startup, leading corporate or the public sector in a partnerships role
- Dynamic and positive personality type with a passion for networking and holding conversations with a huge range of individuals
- Experience of designing and running workshops with a diverse range of stakeholders
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- Comfortable using Excel or equivalent to model Beam’s impact
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with government stakeholders
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £30-45k - we're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual "Be Amazing" budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks - discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office - significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- 'Beam Team Talks' - monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
There are 4 interview rounds:
- Round 1: Video call (30 minutes)
- Round 2: Assessment (2.5 hours) followed by 30 minutes debrief
- Round 3: Presentation in role play & interview (1 hour)
- Round 4: 90 minute session comprising of 3 separate meetings with the founder and 2 other Beamers
All our interviews are currently conducted over Zoom. It usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. Due to a high number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback before Round 2. Feedback for subsequent rounds is provided if requested.
At Beam, we work hard to build diverse teams and believe diverse teams are the most impactful. We're especially excited to hear from BAME candidates or those with lived experience of social disadvantage.