As the Creative Director Digital Experience, you will be responsible for leading, creating and designing innovative and best-in-class interactive experiences across Patagonia.com and all other digital platforms. You will help lead the creative process from idea to concept, from production to launch, ensuring excellence, consistency and quality of design thinking throughout. Through your leadership and vision, Patagonia’s digital presence will continue to provide engaging experiences that amplify our mission to save the home planet.
As the Creative Director Digital Experience, you will manage an internal team of designers, developers, content managers and editors in bringing Patagonia’s creative and marketing initiatives to life in all digital format. With a deep knowledge and passion for our planet, design, interaction and technology, you will inspire our design team to see opportunities and drive a consumer-centered point of view. You will also develop and manage relationships with digital agency partners and vendors, and work with production counterparts to ensure that quality, budgets and timelines are met.
What You’ll Do
- Enhance the Company’s digital experience and strategy by creating relevant and authentic content and interactive experiences that both support our environmental and business goals.
- Build, lead and mentor the digital creative team.
- Enhances category vision and strategies by creating relevant and authentic digital content and experiences.
- Execute strategic and timely decision making across priorities and stakeholders
- Continuously seek out ways to improve process and capabilities of a growing digital creative team.
- Utilize deep knowledge of creative development processes to continue to be in the forefront of innovative design trends and technologies.
- Possess excellent time-management skills to meet development timelines while working on concurrent projects.
- Synthesize data, identify key market developments and customer insights, prepare analysis to support senior leadership decision-making.
- Lead initiatives that digitally support retail, transparency and activism
Who You Are
- Passionate: cares deeply about the digital creative process and saving our home planet.
- Leader: act as a thought leader, build trusted relationships, influence decisions and drive urgency on critical priorities.
- Influential: able to communicate through complicated matters, builds trust easily and gets buy in from partners.
- Self-reflective- Acknowledge own's experience and experiences of other.
- Inclusive: deeply experienced in collaborating with others across difference.
- Emotionally intelligent: high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative: Lead, nurture and champion new, out-of-the-box thinking that results in breakthrough ideas to lead the brand forward.
- Strategic: able to think big picture and drive work accordingly
- Strong Communicator: excellent communication and presentation skills
Experience You Bring
- 10+ years experience in digital creative leadership.
- Experience leading brand, content, and communication design experience, with substantial exposure to a wide variety of disciplines and channels including online and offline advertising, video, radio, social and interactive multimedia to amplify brand strategy and storytelling
- Inspirational leadership, team builder and team player.
- Superior knowledge of a digital first mentality, experience and design.
- Strong mentoring and team-building experience.
- Strong digital and social media campaign experience.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, and Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and assets including display advertising and social media.
- Proven ability to develop creative and activate marketing stories across various media.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.